Here is a daily news update following the announcement of vaccine update for Coronavirus on Tuesday.
You can find the news attached.
You can also watch Craig reading the news here
The Prime Minister Boris Johnson spoke on television about Omicron, the new type of Coronavirus. Currently 13 people have Omicron in England. While scientists work to understand this new type of Coronavirus the government have announced they are offering the vaccine booster jab to more people.
• Everyone over 18 years who is entitled to a booster will be offered one before the end of January 2022.
• People will be invited for their booster earlier. This will be 3 months after their 2nd vaccine rather than 6 months.
• Boosters will be offered to those who are clinically vulnerable first. They will then be offered to people based on their age.
• People with a particularly weak immune system, who have already had a booster, can get another one.
The Government has also said that children aged 12-15 years old will be invited for a 2nd vaccine, 3 months after having their 1st vaccine.
We are being asked to wait until it is your turn for the booster. Do not try to book before this.
The new rules we updated you on earlier in the week still apply.
• People traveling from abroad must self isolate until they get a negative PCR test result.
• Anyone who has been in contact with someone with the Omicron type of Coronavirus must self isolate for 10 days, even if they have been vaccinated.
• You must wear a face covering in all shops and on public transport if you can
Ask someone you trust if you are unsure about how any of the changes affect you.